Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Birthday Time!

Summer is a big birthday time for Day Dreams! Both LeighAnn and I celebrate in the summer months. As my birthday approaches, I am filled with visions of my favorite birthday treats: Carvel Ice Cream Cakes (a childhood favorite), Pull and Peel Twizzlers, and Sweedish Fish all come sweetly to my mind. I am also reminded of a birthday party that I attended at a very young age. It was for a friend who lived up the street. I always got super excited and somewhat nervous for birthday parties. I loved all the silly games-the dance parties, and of course watching my friends open their presents. This party was extra special. We played a guessing game that I will never forget. We had to guess the number of jelly beans in a large canister. The winner got to keep the entire canister of jelly beans! I was only 3 numbers off! I guess I had a knack for this candy thing even way back then! You can imagine my delight as I brought this giant canister of jelly beans home to my many candy loving siblings! What a birthday! I will never forget it. Happy Birthday month to my favorite partner! Here's to the SWEETEST year yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment