Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer memories and candy



With summer approaching I have been thinking a lot about what summer really means. As a child summer was so much more than just warm weather. Summer was magical! When that final school bell would ring on the last day of school the feeling was unbelievable. To me summer meant vacation & with vacation came all my favorite candy and treats. I am talking about freeze pops, rock candy, Lolly pops shaped like lobsters & fishes, candy necklace's and of course ice cream. My personal childhood favorite was bubble gum.
My family spent two weeks of the summer in Cape Cod, New Seabury to be exact.By day it would be the beach and by night my siblings & I would wonder the market place which was home to a fabulous candy store. Not just any old candy store but one of those good old fashion candy stores. The kind with penny candy, gigantic whirley pop displays and the smells of pure chocolate. I can still hear the screen door of the candy shop slamming as we would rush in to grab our buckets to be filled with whatever we desired.
It's so funny what memories can do. I can close my eyes and remember it just like it was yesterday. It is one of my favorite memories of childhood, family, fun and sweet treats. So I realize when I think about what summer means to me I think of being a kid in a candy store... literally and figuratively. It makes me look forward to summer events such as graduations, BBQ's and weddings.... I hope to bring that feeling to our clients. That is what a custom made candy buffet is all about: being a kid for a day, going back to those memories and most importantly keeping them alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment